Most products have a fair number of both strengths and weaknesses, but glossy labels have barely any disadvantages. Unless you plan to write on your label (where a matte finish would be far more suitable), or you don’t like the shiny quality a label’s surface, you’ll enjoy the positive aspects of using glossy labels:
• Glossy stock holds the ink well and prevents it from smudging.
• Glossy labels are good for all kinds of surfaces: metal, plastic, paper, etc.
• Images and colors on glossy labels are always brighter than on any matte label.
• Glossy varnish/lamination makes the label more durable and resistant to wet marks.
• Glossy material makes a sharp and vivid contrast between words and images.
• They don’t fade.